Why is it important?
Understanding "what makes us human" and human disease requires access to human embryonic tissue for modern molecular-biology analysis. The scarcity of these resources implies these must be integrated with maximal re-use and standardisation of results. Currently, research is limited by:
- availability of human embryonic and fetal tissue
- quantities of and access to gene expression data
- quality of spatially mapped in situ gene-expression data
- interaction/interoperability with mouse gene expression data sets
- tools/software for computational modelling of image-based gene-expression data
By providing a research network, with links to these types of resources, we hope to address some of these issues.